OK, as promised to my friends who tried these, here is my recipe for the mini brownie bites. I know everyone likes brownies, but sometimes in little bites things taste even better. Top it with sunnah “caramel” sauce that doesn’t make you crash and well, you found the perfect recipe for a sweet treat. This is a whole food dessert, no sentence long preservatives and chemicals necessary. Layan loved these the most.
My Same Old Black Bean Brownie Ingredients (varied a bit for this recipe’s texture):
1/3 Cup Organic Sweet Potato Puree (pumpkin works just fine)
1 Can Black Beans, washed and drained
2 egg yolks and 1 whole egg, Certified Organic/pasture-raised
1 1/2 tbsps Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Organic Carob Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
4 Tbsp Organic Raw Honey, dates, or Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
1/4 clean-ingredient carob chips (choc chips can replace it just fine if you prefer)
1 teaspoon whole black seeds (the powerful seed!)
From the Sunnah Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup pitted dates (balah or fresh)
3 Tbsp Organic Raw Honey or Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
2 Tbsp Organic Cashew Butter (or my favorite walnut butter!)
1/2 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
24 Whole Cashews or Raw Walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray your mini muffin baking cups with olive oil spray.
- Place all Brownie Ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth. Pulse it well.
- Spoon batter evenly into the mini muffin tin. You’re welcome to grease your pan with organic coconut oil. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the brownies set for a few minutes and cool before adding the sunnah caramel sauce.
- Place all Sunnah Caramel Sauce Ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides so you don’t end up with uneven chunks.
- Add sunnah caramel to the top of each mini brownie. Top each with a single Cashew or raw Walnut.
- Bismillah and enjoy!